Sonntag, 1. März 2009



Myself, applying the brazing torch to the fork.




The hub, brazed together.


Myself, with a new hairstyle, lacing the painted hub to the rim. This will be a 64-spoke, 5-cross wheel, with 663mm spokes on a 56" rim.













V I D E O S
lo-fi:


Aufsteigen


Schnell


Absteigen


How to get on


Schnell 2


Langsam



hi-fi:
Mascara-moustache clearly visible on these ones. These links take you to YouTube. You have to click on the 'watch in high quality' link below the bottom-right corner of the video.

aufsteigen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5viPLG2gJI

schnell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBPo47zC5vQ

absteigen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQeVMRD74G0





2 Kommentare:

  1. Richard this is blinking incredible !!!!!
    I am desperate to know more about this course and woofing in Germany too.

    I hear from Sim that you might be in Oxford soon. Give us a shout if you get this message on dan@ocwt.coop

    Be really good to hear from you and congratulations on your new big wheeled baby. Big big respect !!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi man!

    I saw you Penny Farthing Project, you are an artist man!.
    I'm making one, I'm from Mexiko.

    And I want to ask you:
    How do you calculate the length of the spokes??, my wheel is 50", in order to make my own spokes of 6mm for support a heavy rider.
    and I saw that the spoke are laced like any other common bike.

    Can you tell me more about how do you built your bike??
    Thanks in advance.

    Regards from Mexiko
    Gerardo G.
    gigrmx@yahoo.com.mx

    AntwortenLöschen